In English, we are looking at different texts by Julia Donaldson.
Spend some time exploring these, looking at the different characters, settings and the rhyme that might be used.
Year 1 -
- Draw a character from the book and label using adjectives
- Write a simple sentence using 'and' to describe the story
- Draw and write about a new adventure the character could go on
- Don't forget finger spaces, capital letters, full stops and adjectives!
Year 2 -
- Name as many books by Julia Donaldson as you can
- Create a story map to help you to retell the text
- Retell the text in your own words
- Describe a new adventure for the character
- Don't forget capital letters, full stops, expanded noun phrases, suffixes and conjunctions!
Remember there are lots of activities to do on MyMaths, TTRockstars and Topmarks!